Setting up Outlook for Netguava mail is easy. Below is a step-by-step tutorial for setting everything up. Click on an image thumbnail to see it larger.
This document applies to Outlook 2010
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File button at the top of the screen
- Make sure that the Info screen is selected
- Click Account Settings
- Choose Account Settings from the drop-down menu
Enter the following information, replacing your own information where appropriate:
- Your Name: Your name (or anything else you'd like to put)
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.com
- User Name: email@example.com
- Password: password
Make sure Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is left unchecked.
Then, click More Settings ...
- In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click the Outgoing Server tab
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox
- Make sure the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button is selected
- Click the Advanced tab
- On the Advanced tab, make sure the incoming server port is set correctly. You may be setup to use IMAP or POP3.
- If you see Incoming server (IMAP), set the port to 143
- If you see Incoming server (POP3), set the port to 110
- Make sure the Outgoing server (SMTP) is set to port 25
If you are unable to successfully send mail, please set your Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 2525
- Click OK
- On the Add New Account screen, click Next
- Once the test message has been successfully sent, click Close on the Test Account Settings screen.
- Click Finish. Congratulations! Your E-mail account is set up!